What is shockwave therapy?
How does shockwave therapy machine work?
Shockwave therapy speeds up the healing process in the body by boosting metabolism and improving blood circulation, allowing damaged tissue to repair faster. The damaged area is bombarded with powerful energy pulses. These pulses last only a few seconds, causing micro-cavitation bubbles to swell and burst.
Shockwave therapy has shown to effectively treat the following conditions:
- Feet - heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis
- Elbow – tennis and golfers elbow
- Shoulder - calcific tendinosis of rotator cuff muscles
- Knee - patellar tendonitis
- Hip – bursitis
- Lower leg - shin splints
- Upper leg - Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Back pain - lumbar and cervical spine regions and chronic muscular pain
Some of the benefits of shockwave therapy treatment:
- Shockwave therapy has excellent cost/effectiveness ratio
- Non-invasive solution for chronic pain in your shoulder, back, heel, knee or elbow
- No anesthesia required, no drugs
- Limited side effects
- Main fields of application: orthopedics, rehabilitation, and sport medicine
- New research shows that it can have a positive affect on acute pain